Tech Jobs Tour 2017 | #AMERICAISHIRING
Presented by Tech Hire, Tech Jobs Tour, Lesbians Who Tech, & include.io
Our events are possible because of our amazing volunteers! Interested in helping out at a tour stop? Check out what we’re looking for!
What happens at a tour stop?
What do volunteers do?
Our volunteers help us with so many parts of the night. Volunteer tasks may include:
- checking in attendees at the front
- social media during the event
- event setup (tables, chairs, banners, etc.)
- managing lines
- directing sponsor companies to their tables
- hanging posters + putting out Tech Jobs Tour swag
- routing speakers to the stage/front of the room at speaker call times
- routing VIPs to private dinners or receptions
- keeping surfaces tidy and neat (pick up stickers, clean up papers, etc.)
- event breakdown at the end of the night
Can I decide what task I want for the night?
Do volunteers stay for the entire event?
- 2-5:30pm for event setup + managing lines, + on the floor support
- 4-7:30pm for checking in attendees + social + on the floor support
- 6-9:30pm for on the floor support + social + event breakdown
What do I wear to volunteer?
This sounds rad! How do I sign up?
Yay! When you register for the event, there’s an option to tell us that you want to volunteer:
If you’re having trouble signing up, just email Angie@techjobstour.com and she’ll get you registered!
How Do I Prep for the Event?
- Register for the event. Find your city and familiarize yourself with the schedule.
- Follow us on Twitter + Instagram @TechJobsTour (and RT about the event)
- Like our Facebook Page @TechJobsTour
- RSVP for the event on FB and share with your friends
- Upload your resume if you’re looking for job
- Don’t be shy, say hey @techjobstour and let us know you’re coming! #AMERICAISHIRING
- That’s it! You rock.
I signed up as a volunteer. What happens next?
Angie, our volunteer coordinator, will reach out via email and schedule a volunteer shift for you. Additional information will be shared at that time.
- See our tour list for cities + dates
Contact: Angie Coleman, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Tech Jobs Tour: We’re on a mission in 2017 to fill 100,000 American tech jobs with diverse and non-traditional talent all across the country. The Tech Jobs Tour convenes America’s innovators across all areas of technology. Come for the speed mentoring and product demos, stay for the high-fives and ultra-diverse networking. Learn more about your career development, recruiting and retaining non-traditional tech talent, and more.